Buscar este blog

lunes, 11 de abril de 2016

Lygia Clark.

In 1960, Brazilian artist Lygia Clark wrote, "For me art is only valid in the ethico-religious sense, internally connected to the inner elaboration of the artist in its deepest sense, which is the existential. My whole vision is not purely optical, but is profoundly connected to my experience of feeling, not only in the immediate sense, but even more, in the deeper sense in which one doesn't know what is its origin. That which a form may express only has a meaning for me in a strict relationship with its inner space, the empty-full of its existence, just as there exists our space which goes on being completed and taking on meaning as maturity arrives. At times I think that before we are born we are like a closed fist which opens its first finger when we are born and is opened internally like the petals of a flower as we discover the meaning of our existence, for us at a certain moment to become aware of this plenitude of an empty-full (interior time)."
https://www.artsy.net/article/artbookdap-lygia-clark


The official and complete biography, useful and insightful
http://www.lygiaclark.org.br/biografiaING.asp


From the late 1960s through the 1970s she created a series of unconventional artworks in parallel to a lengthy psychoanalytic therapy, leading her to develop a series of therapeutic propositions grounded in art. Clark has become a major reference for contemporary artists dealing with the limits of conventional forms of art.
http://www.moma.org/calendar/exhibitions/1422?locale=es



I accept nothing from those who want to put a label on me. I only 

accept criticism from those who are willing to live with me through 

the sensibility and experience that led me to a painting or an 

attitude.

Lygia Clark



The structuring of the self.

 
    Elastic net.

   
Dialogue goggles.                           Dialogue of hands.


A revealing article:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario